This section contains some of the articles prepared by Dick Gower for the Royal Victorian Aero Club magazine Plane Talk over many years. The articles have either a safety message or were designed to inform members of changes in regulations or procedures. Some articles may be out of date but are included for general entertainment. In others the safety message remains the same. Please therefore check the currency of the subject matter before operational use.
We hope you enjoy them and the sentiments therein and, of course, suggestions for future topics are always welcome.
Click to open file
- The Armstrong Starter
- Flight Following - Hello Roger Melbourne
- Engine Failure on Takeoff
- AN AVID/ASIC Advisory
- The Solution for Which There Was No Problem
- Aviate, Navigate, PARTICIPATE!
- Assault on the Battery
- Silence is not Necessarily Golden
- RIS & RAS & E
- The Crash of the Crash Comics
- It's Closer Than You Think
- Dumb Things I have done in Aeroplanes (No 431)
- Hit the Split Switch, Quick!
- That Thumping Noise
- Weather or Not?
- RIS, RAS or SIS or Give it a MIS?
- The Other Mag Check